ADPi Waffle Breakfast

The Alpha Delta Pi sorority held its bi-annual Waffle Breakfast this past Sunday on the Main Quad. This philanthropy event raised money for the Durham branch of the Ronald McDonald House on Alexander Avenue.

The event—a tradition at Duke for about ten years now—was an all-you-can-eat buffet of homemade waffles, toppings and refreshments with a $5 entry fee.

Pre-sold tickets for the breakfast were slightly lower than in years past due to impending bad weather—but more patrons appeared as the sun came out, leaving attendance at around 500, Erica Nagi, president of Alpha Delta Pi, wrote in an email.

ADPi supports the Ronald McDonald house throughout the year. in addition to this waffle breakfast. Each week, ADPi sends some members to cook dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House, Nagi said. Additionally, ADPi helped them put on their Winterfest Fundraising Gala last year, she added.

This year, members of the sorority have volunteered at RMH's charity golf tournament and modeled in a fashion show benefiting the house.

"We are very lucky to have such a close relationship with our national philanthropy here at Duke," Nagi said. "[We] are proud do donate our time and money every semester to such a worthy cause."

Editor's Note: This blog post has been modified to include information from ADPi's president Erica Nagi.

Share and discuss “ADPi Waffle Breakfast” on social media.