Live Blog: Spring Game

4th Quarter 2:07 remaining; White 21, Blue 14: We've had the first turnover of the game, as Garrett Rider picks off Boone to give White the ball back with just over two minutes of running clock remaining. This one appears to be over, look for a recap in Monday's Chronicle.

4th Quarter 4:45 remaining; White 21, Blue 14: As a bit of Cutcliffe magic, the teams have swapped quarterbacks Boone and Schroeder, as Schroeder ran back-to-back series, one for each squad. Boone now takes the field for Blue with an opportunity to tie the game up and register a score for both sides.

4th Quarter 11:15 remaining; White 21, Blue 14: In a prime case of the media jinx, Boone just hit Tyree Watkins over the outside shoulder for a 32-yard touchdown under heavy pressure. The touchdown gives White its first lead of the day, and the play could just turn out to be the play of the game here at Wallace Wade Stadium.

End of the 3rd Quarter; Blue 14, White 14: We're advancing through this game quickly now with the implementation of the running clock. Neither side has moved the ball particularly well here, and there have been moments of rust on both sides of the ball. A smattering of dropped passes, missed tackles and miscommunications have marked the past several drives.

3rd Quarter 7:34 remaining; Blue 14, White 14: Desmond Scott runs it in from just outside of ten yards, and a Will Snyderwine extra point has this contest all knotted up. Cutcliffe might be tiring of the weather conditions, as we're now operating with a running clock here in the second half.

Halftime: Cutcliffe is currently addressing the crowd, revealing this spring's individual awards. And the winners are...

Most Improved Offensive Player: Juwan Thompson, RB

Most Improved Defensive Player: Ross Cockrell, CB

Blue Devil Heart Award: Preston Scott, WR

2nd Quarter 0:14 remaining; Blue 14, White 7: A holding penalty on what would have been a first-down run by Connette stalls the drive and we'll head into the half with a one-touchdown advantage for the Blue side.

2nd Quarter 2:08 remaining; Blue 14, White 7: The White offense stalls again, resulting in a turnover on downs. It will be Connette's turn to try to get something done in the two-minute offense.

2nd Quarter 4:05 remaining; Blue 14, White 7: Juwan Thompson gains 43 yards on a swing pass out of the backfield, benefiting from a huge block laid by receiver Brandon Braxton in the open field. White now has the ball inside the Blue 40-yard line with time to spare.

2nd Quarter 4:21 remaining; Blue 14, White 7: Despite a pair of flashy runs from Josh Snead, the Blue drive stalls and White will resume control of the ball following a missed 44-yard field goal attempt from Jeff Ijjas. With the amount of time remaining, Sean Renfree and the White offense will have a great opportunity to gain some situational experience at the end of the half.

2nd Quarter 7:05 remaining; Blue 14, White 7: On fourth-and-goal the White team finally manages to get on the board, much to the light of the few hundred fans in attendance today. Many of those who have braved the unusually chilly conditions are players' families and recruits, but there is a fairly good size contingent of students and local fans as well. The winds have calmed and the players don't seem to be too affected by the conditions so far.

End of 1st Quarter; Blue 14, White 0: Looking ahead to the fall season, Duke will have its hands full as it pursues the first bowl berth of the Cutcliffe Era. The Blue Devils will play seven home games, highlighted by Andrew Luck and the Stanford Cardinal coming to Wallace Wade September 10. Duke will also host Florida State for the first time since Bobby Bowden's retirement, as well as ACC-champion Virginia Tech. After playing just one road game each month during September and October, the Blue Devils will play three conference road games during November, capping the season Thanksgiving Weekend in Chapel Hill.

1st Quarter 1:10 remaining; Blue 14, White 0: Boone moves the ball well for the White squad but dropped passes cause the drive to stall and force a punt. It's now Sean Schroeder's turn to lead the Blue offense as David Cutcliffe looks for a chance to evaluate all four quarterbacks here in late March.

1st Quarter 4:15 remaining; Blue 14, White 0: Connette moves his team down the field once again, running it in himself from 14 yards for another Blue touchdown. A key completion to a wide-open Josh Snead set up the touchdown, opening up a two-score lead as the Blue team offense establishes its supremecy over the White team defense. We'll see redshirt-freshman Anthony Boone at quarterback for the first time for the White team when play resumes.

1st Quarter 8:51 remaining; Blue 7, White 0: The Blue team offense works quickly, as Brandon Connette connects twice with Josh Trezvant before Patrick Kurunwune runs the ball in from 14 yards out for the touchdown.

1st Quarter 10:57 remaining; Blue 0, White 0: On the first drive of the season, the White team led by Sean Renfree stalls on fourth-and-1 and the first team defense has forced its first turnover on downs of the year.

The annual Blue-White tilt is on the slate today at Wallace Wade Stadium. The game marks the culmination of Duke's spring practice period, and gives the team an opportunity to show its off-season progression toward the upcoming 2011 campaign. Throughout the game we'll bring you updates on the game, spring storylines and a look ahead to the fall season.

Share and discuss “Live Blog: Spring Game” on social media.