Three injured in car accident on campus

A multi-vehicle collision at approximately 6 p.m. Tuesday caused police to stop traffic at the intersection of Science and Towerview drives.

Three people were injured in a multi-vehicle crash at the intersection of Science Drive and Towerview Road Tuesday evening.

The conditions of the injured individuals could not immediately be learned. Traffic was blocked at the intersection for more than half an hour after the collision.

As of 7 p.m., police were allowing cars to proceed slowly by the site of the crash, but traffic was backed up heavily in all four directions.

The collision occurred at approximately 6 p.m. after a Jeep traveling on Science Drive toward the Bryan Center ran a red light and was hit by a Ford SUV, according to the driver of the Ford, Nicholas School instructor Jeff Pippen.

The Jeep flipped on its side and landed on a Subaru, which was stopped at the red light heading away from the Bryan Center.

The driver of the Jeep and two passengers in the Jeep were injured and transported to the hospital. Pippen and the Subaru’s driver sustained minor injuries.

Share and discuss “Three injured in car accident on campus” on social media.