Rewinding The Clock On The Rivalry

Generic Script

Are you a freshman and stumped when asked about Duke's history with North Carolina? While the full history is far to vast for a simple blog post, below is a recap of Duke's last four games with the Tar Heels.

March 6, 2010: No. 4 Duke 82, UNC 50. Duke shot 51 percent in the first half en route to their most one-sided home win in the rivalry’s history. The loss was UNC’s lowest point total during Roy Williams’ tenure and their worst defeat in seven years. The Blue Devils led by 30 points before halftime behind Kyle Singler’s 19 first-half points.

February 10, 2010: No. 7 Duke 64, UNC 54. In the lowest-scoring game in the series since 2002, the Blue Devils managed to pull out a road win on the night that Tyler Hansbrough’s No. 50 was retired at the Dean Smith Center. The Tar Heels blocked ten shots as Duke shot just 32 percent from the floor, but perimeter shooting saved the Blue Devils as Jon Scheyer and Kyle Singler combined for 43 points and all nine of Duke’s made three-pointers.

March 8, 2009: No. 2 UNC 79, No. 7 Duke 71. Ty Lawson nearly posted a triple-double as the Carolina faithful celebrated Tyler Hansbrough’s Senior Day. Hansbrough added 17 points of his own as the Tar Heels swept the series with the Blue Devils for just the second time in the previous 13 seasons.

February 11, 2009: No. 3 UNC 101, No. 5 Duke 87. North Carolina took down the Blue Devils at Cameron Indoor for the fourth time in as many years, as the Tar Heels rallied behind Ty Lawson’s 21 second-half points. Duke hung with their opponents for the first 30 minutes, but ultimately allowed triple digits in Cameron for the first time in nine years in the loss.

Share and discuss “Rewinding The Clock On The Rivalry” on social media.