ESG endorses Lefevre and Schork

Engineering Student Government formally endorses Mike Lefevre for DSG president. Although we believe that all three candidates are well qualified for the position, Lefevre stood out as the most dedicated contender with an extreme commitment to pursuing and meeting student needs.

None of the candidates are engineers, and as such, no one candidate had a full grasp of the unique challenges faced by Pratt students. However, Lefevre identified several common concerns raised by engineers, and he demonstrated a strong commitment to communicating with and addressing the needs of Pratt students. Because Pratt is consistently underrepresented in DSG, we appreciate Lefevre’s dedication to soliciting more input from engineering students in DSG affairs.

This year, Lefevre has brought tangible change to Duke, largely due to his recognition of student desires, his persistence and his ability to work with administrators. Lefevre will make an effective president and his leadership will positively benefit Pratt and Trinity students.

We endorse Pete Schork for the position of executive vice president. Schork has the necessary experience and knowledge to make the Senate a more productive and efficient organization. We were very pleased with his suggestion that senate members stay in contact with Engineering Student Government so that the opinions of engineers are heard in all DSG discussions.

We are confident that these candidates will consider the frequently overlooked engineering opinion and ultimately improve Duke for all students.  

Maura Mulroy President, Engineering Student Government Pratt ’11

Share and discuss “ESG endorses Lefevre and Schork” on social media.