Duke - New England Revolution Draw 1-1

Duke earned a 1-1 draw against the MLS club New England Revolution in a scrimmage played Wednesday morning at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, NC. As part of its preseason schedule, the Revolution are spending a week in North Carolina, playing three games including this morning's match versus the Blue Devils.

New England opened the scoring in the 13th minute when forward Zack Schilawski slotted one past Duke goalkeeper James Belshaw. Just a minute later though, the Blue Devils equalized as Nick Sih headed headed home a Blue Devil corner kick. Though just a scrimmage, the game became chippy at points with a couple of hard challenges that got players yelling. Each team had plenty of chances throughout the remainder of the match, but none found the back of the net.

The game marked the return of Revolution players Darrius Barnes (Duke '08) and Mike Videira (Duke '06). Barnes did not see any action in the contest while Videira played the final forty five minutes for New England in the center of its midfield. Videira had one of New England's best chances in the second half as he nearly scored on a header in the 76th minute.

The game marked the third of seven spring matches for the Blue Devils. Duke fell 3-2 to the Carolina Railhawks on February 20 and 2-1 to N.C. State on March 4. The Blue Devils' spring practices continue for the upcoming weeks with their next match not coming until April4 against CSN Cork. For the full spring schedule, click here.

Share and discuss “Duke - New England Revolution Draw 1-1” on social media.