RGAC to review group living

The Residential Group Assessment Committee’s Review Committee will gather for the first time to evaluate its operations, Campus Council members said at their meeting Thursday night.

Shifting the focus from the progressive plans to completely revamp Central Campus, members of Campus Council discussed plans to review procedures for the RGAC committee, which determine where certain living groups will live for the next couple of years.

The committee is co-chaired by Campus Council President Stephen Temple, a junior and Joe Gonzalez, associate dean for Residence Life and Housing Services. The RGAC Review Committee is also made up of three newly selected members from Campus Council, senior Alyssa Dack, junior Ryan Echternacht and senior Youngsoo Kwon, along with faculty and students from organizations such as the Interfraternity Council and the Selective House Council.

Along with evaluating the process of the RGAC committee, the goal of the RGAC Review Committee is to “add to campus culture so everyone feels included” by making changes that will serve as a “long-term impact,” Temple said.

Temple also added that the chosen members create a “holistic committee” and are very excited about RGAC’s future plans.

In other business:

To kick off Homecoming weekend, Campus Council has planned the first annual dodgeball tournament for Sept. 23 at 2:30 p.m. Teams must have 10 players, with at least four females, and winners will be rewarded with prizes.

The main event will begin on Main West Quadrangle at 4 p.m. with inflatables, free Cookout catering, free T-shirts and performances by the Duke Cheerleaders and the Dancing Devils.

In addition, there will be live music from two upcoming artists, Andy Grammer and Tauren Wells, who was recently featured on a promotion for both Grey’s Anatomy and Cold Case.

The Homecoming events will be “kicking the weekend off right,” said Campus Council Programming Chair Ben Goldenberg, a sophomore.

Campus Council is also partnering with the First-Year Advisory Counselor program to organize a “bench painting” competition Sept. 27 at 4 p.m. on East Campus. Prizes will be awarded.

Share and discuss “RGAC to review group living” on social media.