Blue Devils hope unusual streak continues at UNC

For most teams, consistency is paramount, and being able to string together wins can make or break a season.

The Blue Devils are no different, but for once, they hope their unfortunate streak of losing one and then winning the next continues.

After falling 3-2 in overtime to Old Dominion at home last weekend, No. 12 Duke hopes to regain momentum in the heart of the ACC season as it takes on rival No. 2 North Carolina Saturday at 1 p.m. in Chapel Hill.

The weekend of action concludes Sunday afternoon, when the Blue Devils return home for a matchup with New Hampshire (4-2) at Williams Field.

Duke (4-3, 0-1 in the ACC) goes into the matchup with the Tar Heels (9-0, 1-0) in desperate need of a marquee victory. The Blue Devils opened the season with victories against ranked opponents Louisville and Michigan State, but have since lost to Drexel, Wake Forest and Old Dominion. Duke has alternated between wins and losses in its last six games.

The good news for the Blue Devils is that All-American defender Lauren Miller, a senior, was able to return to action last week. Miller’s injured hand has not completely healed, but she should be well enough to take the field this weekend.

Share and discuss “Blue Devils hope unusual streak continues at UNC” on social media.