Duke students drink, get naked, get caught

As the year begins, before work piles up, Duke students have a lot of free time on their hands. Different Dukies do different things to fill the hours, most of which don't make it on to a police blotter.

But sometimes, Duke students get drunk. And when they do, they don't always make the best choices.

In the latest instance of drunk Duke student shenanigans, Duke Police found an intoxicated student sans clothing (yes, naked) in McClendon Commons around 9 a.m. Friday. According to the police report summary, an officer escorted the student back to his room.

Ten days earlier, Duke Police discovered a naked intoxicated student passed out near the Fitzpatrick Center for Interdisciplinary Engineering, Medicine and Applied Sciences, which students know as CIEMAS, at 2:12 a.m. No word on what the student was doing over there so early on a Tuesday morning. The student was taken to the hospital.

Sometimes, however, drunk naked Dukies are a bit more active. Have a look at this police report from April:

"I witnessed two subjects running from the Kilgo Quad area towards the Bus Stop. The male subject was completely naked with the exception of his hat and holding his boxers in his hand. The female subject was wearing only underclothes. The two stated that they had been at an unknown room in Kilgo Quad playing beer pong and had lost the game and as a result had been asked to run to the bus stop naked."

When the officer encountered the students, he "asked the male subject to please put on his boxers," the report states. After getting the students' information, the officer let them go and get dressed.

The two did not get off scot-free. The students were not arrested, but a Dean was advised of the incident, the report notes.

Share and discuss “Duke students drink, get naked, get caught” on social media.