Blue Devils in the U.S. Women's Open: Day 2

After missing the cut, incoming Duke freshman Lindy Duncan will have to wait another year to see play in a U.S. Womens Open weekend

Day 2 of the U.S. Women's Open has finished play, and, unfortunately for Duke fans, the five Blue Devils in the tournament are yet to make a splash on the leaderboard.

Brittany Lang carded a 74, putting her in a tie for 48th place, best among Duke golfers at Saucon Valley. Lang has shown consistency so far in the tournament, hitting 11 fairways and 10 greens on both Thursday and Friday.

Anna Grzebien places second among the battle against her former teammates-- a 37 on the front and a 40 on the back gave her a 77, good for T-50th. Grzebien did not exactly finish strong; she double-bogeyed 13 and 18 to (most likely, at least) put her out of serious contention.

Amanda Blumenherst and Jennie Lee finished with a 75 and a 76, respectively, to squeak by the +10 cut line. Blumenherst was a bit more accurate with her driver today, hitting 8 out of 14 fairways, but still no where near accurate enough to score on a tough Saucon Valley course. Lee, on the other hand, only missed two fairways, but struggled on the greens, needing 32 putts to get through the round.

Incoming freshman Lindy Duncan's first U.S. Open experience is now over. Duncan shot a 76 to miss the cut by two strokes.

Share and discuss “Blue Devils in the U.S. Women's Open: Day 2” on social media.