Paulus To Announce Football Intentions Thursday

Greg Paulus will hold a press conference Thursday morning to announce where he will enroll in graduate school and play one year of college football, Duke announced Wednesday.

Paulus, who graduated Sunday and has one year of eligibility to play a sport other than basketball per NCAA rules, has visited Michigan, Syracuse and Nebraska, with his visit to the Cornhuskers coming most recently.

Paulus was the Gatorade National Player of the Year in football as a senior quarterback, but he rebuffed several scholarship offers to play point guard for the Blue Devils. He has maintained that he does not regret suiting up for Mike Krzyzewski, and his interest in football piqued when the Green Bay Packers called him for a workout. Head coach David Cutcliffe offered him a spot as a wide receiver, but Paulus decided he wanted to play quarterback and started looking for schools with an inexperienced quarterback, a favorable offensive scheme and a chance to play and make an impact right away. None of the schools Paulus visited have established quarterbacks.

Check back with The Chronicle's Sports Blog Thursday to read more about Paulus' decision.

Share and discuss “Paulus To Announce Football Intentions Thursday” on social media.