Coach K Critiques Obama On Media Blitz

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

In the last week, Mike Krzyzewski has been on a VIP tour of the Northeast media elite.  First, he held a TimesTalk with a reporter from The New York Times. Then, it was stops with Charlie Rose and Stephen Colbert. And yesterday morning, Krzyzewski went on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" to promote his newest book, "The Gold Standard."

After facing an onslaught of questions he's answered hundreds of times, Krzyzewski finally got a challenge from Donny Deutsch Wednesday, when the television personality asked him to evaluate President Barack Obama as the coach of this country.

"President Obama has a very unique thing for a leader, and that is he has the ability to inspire," Krzyzewski said. "I would like to see him inspire even more and not get beaten down by the day to day negativity that's involved, because he has that quality. Like, I really love President Obama. I'd follow him. Let's charge, man. Let's get this country back going, and to talk in that manner. I would run a fast break, not hold the ball."

This isn't Krzyzewski's first time talking about Obama, whose body man is Reggie Love, one of Krzyzewski's former players. When the president selected Duke to lose in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament, Krzyzewski gave him a lighthearted jab right back, earning national attention for days.

"I get in trouble whenever I say anything," he said Wednesday.

Share and discuss “Coach K Critiques Obama On Media Blitz” on social media.