CC approves loft vendor memo

Campus Council at its meeting Thursday endorsed a memo containing recommendations for Residence Life and Housing Services-approved loft vendors.

The memo, which will be sent to RLHS officials, advocates removing the Collegiate Bed Loft Company from the list of vendors initially recommended by RLHS. Collegiate Bed lofts cost at least $100 more than other vendors, do not have a safety rail option and do not offer loft heights higher than RLHS furniture.

The memo suggests adding Perimeter Furniture and keeping Collegiate Concepts, Inc. Members debated if they should allow vendors to install lofts before students arrive on campus in order to avoid contributing to the hecticness of move-in day. This option would require council members or RLHS staff to accompany the vendors into dorms. Members voted not to recommend early installation but agreed they would work with vendors to provide them with a more central location to pass out lofts to students and parents.

"There are safety issues here," said Programming Chair Ben Goldenberg, a freshman. "You're having that many more people there in the building."

The group also voted to allocate $5,000 to continue the Collegiate Readership Program, which provides the newspaper bins, on Anderson and Alexander roads. President Stephen Temple, a sophomore, said he was eager to continue Campus Council's partnership with the program.

In other business:

Members voted to approve Campus Council's summer budget which includes its "Endless Summer" event. They also brainstormed ideas for the freshman class gift.

Share and discuss “CC approves loft vendor memo” on social media.