Henderson Named 3rd-Team All-American

If Gerald Henderson decides to leave Duke early for the NBA Draft, he will at least go out with All-American recognition.

Henderson, a junior, was named a third-team All-American by the Associated Press Monday, becoming the first Duke player to earn the honor since J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams were named to the first team in 2006. DeMarcus Nelson was an honorable mention choice last year.

Henderson led the Blue Devils to 30 wins, an ACC title and a Sweet 16 appearance. He paced the squad by averaging 16.5 points per game, including 19.8 in conference play, and grabbed 4.9 rebounds per game. He shot 45 percent from the field and 33.6 percent from long range. The explosive forward scored 20 or more points 11 times, and he highlighted his season with a career-high 35-point outburst against Wake Forest Feb. 22.

Blake Griffin, Tyler Hansbrough, DeJuan Blair, James Harden and Stephen Curry were the five players on the first team. Hasheem Thabeet, Jodie Meeks, Luke Harangody, Jerel McNeal and North Carolina's Ty Lawson were named to the second team, and Florida State's Toney Douglas, Sam Young, Terrence Williams and Sherron Collins rounded out the third team.

Henderson said after Duke's loss to Villanova Thursday that he is still uncertain about his NBA draft status, and will go through a process of exploring his options.

Whichever way, we thought we'd remind you of just how athletically gifted Henderson is in the form of this video compilation of his top 10 dunks of the year. No. 1 was a no-brainer—just watch the way he clears out and blows past his defender. That sound you hear is Duke fans salivating for another year of Henderson's acrobatics.

Share and discuss “Henderson Named 3rd-Team All-American” on social media.