RECESS  |  CULTURE

The City – “Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me”

Olivia Palermo turned 23 this week. Do you think her BFF Whitney was invited? Courtesy thisrecording.com

Oh no! This week’s episode of The City ended with Whitney shedding a few tears. Not only was the naïve Whitney fooled again by Jay and his lies about his ex-girlfriend, Danielle, but she was also fooled by our favorite 23-year old socialite, Olivia, on an assignment at work. Shame on you Whitney, you should know you can’t trust anyone on this show!

At DVF, Whitney and Olivia were given the task of choosing Jessica Alba’s outfit for the March issue of Elle. Olivia was put in charge, but she was doing a terrible job choosing puke-green, slutty outfits. On the other hand, Whitney found a colorful top with a matching skirt that Olivia thought was too “matchy, matchy” and would never work. However, Whitney kept insisting on including it in the pile, and Olivia finally agreed only because it gave the selection a little color.

When the March issue of Elle was published, whose outfit do you think was on the cover? Surprise, surprise, Whitney’s outfit is chosen! But the real shocker comes when Olivia takes full credit for everything at the luncheon celebration. Whitney doesn’t say a word, and stands helpless while Olivia receives all the praise. We knew Olivia was a bitch from the start, so why is this so shocking for Whitney?

Meanwhile, Whitney and Jay have been living together, while he’s been trying to find a new apartment. According to Whitney, they’ve lost the passion and excitement in their relationship. And on top of that, he lives a “rock star life” and comes back every night at 5:30 a.m. so they barely get to see each other. Danielle, Jay’s ex-girlfriend, pops up again in this episode while Adam and Jay are at the Pink Elephant Club. She’s only visiting for two days, so it seems like a huge coincidence that she runs into Jay again. It takes the two of them approximately 30 seconds before they decide to leave together…

When Jay and Whitney have dinner the next day, he tells her he barely got any sleep last night and he’s exhausted. Whitney doesn’t even bother to ask who he was with, but she finds out from Allie the next day and starts to cry. Is this the end of Whitney and Jay? Will she finally stand up for herself and dump Jay’s ass? Fool Whitney thrice, then she deserves it!

Share and discuss “The City – “Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me”” on social media.