Wake Forest's Loss Seems Strangely Familiar...

Did anyone else notice the eerie similarities between No. 6 Wake Forest's last-second loss at Georgia Tech Saturday and No. 1 Duke's own loss to the Demon Deacons last Wednesday?

On Saturday, Wake Forest held a two-point lead with less than two minutes to go, but allowed the Yellow Jacket's Iman Shumpert to hit a contested jumper to tie the game with 20 seconds left.  (Insert Gerald Henderson here.)

On their next possession, the Demon Deacons had to call timeout with about seven seconds left, and had to draw up an inbounds play.  (Insert Henderson's travel on a defensive rebound here.)

Starting to see the similarities?

After that, though, the divergence begins.

On Wednesday, Wake Forest ran a perfectly executed play to break the hearts of the Blue Devils. On Saturday, the Demon Deacons inexplicably turned the ball over on the inbounds pass.  That allowed Shumpert to race down the floor, spin Wake Forest point guard Jeff Teague around, and nail a jumper from the free throw line to win the game.

So, Duke fans, what was your reaction to Wake's loss? Are you pleased the Blue Devils have regained sole possession of first place in the ACC, or just a little bit envious about Georgia Tech's last-second luck?

Share and discuss “Wake Forest's Loss Seems Strangely Familiar...” on social media.