RECESS  |  CULTURE

Northgate's Stadium 10 Goes 3-D

Courtesy thecia.com.au

If you thought watching YouTube videos in HD was an upgrade, Stadium 10 Theaters at Northgate Mall has just announced the installation of state-of-the-art 3D Digital Projection equipment. The first film to boast special treatment? None other than Jonas Brothers 3D Concert, which premieres Friday. From a press release about the upgrade:

With over 37,000 screens nationwide, Stadium 10 at Northgate will be one of approximately 1100 auditoriums offering The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert. This will be a very exclusive showing and great start for the premiere of the new 3D Digital Technology. Patrons will be blown away by the clarity and details of the presentation. The eye popping 3D effects will allow viewers to fully experience digital colors and crystal clear imagery like never before. The new generation of Digital 3D offered by RealD has been hailed as the most vital and exciting development in cinema since the advent of color film.

Wow. If watching three tweens (excuse me, one adult and two teens) dance on stage to heinous pop as ridiculous pubescent girls scream at the top of their lungs is the "most vital and exciting development to cinema," I might have to stop watching movies altogether.

Thankfully for us, the crop of movies shown in 3-D can only get better (or so we hope): Monsters vs. Aliens March 27, Battle for Terra May 1, Up on May 29, Ice Age: Dawn of The Dinosaurs July 1 and G-Force July 24.

Share and discuss “Northgate's Stadium 10 Goes 3-D” on social media.