Upset Lurking?

The Blue Devils are ranked second in the country. They just handled giant killer Davidson (relatively) well, and they seem to be playing their best basketball of the season recently. And with No. 3 North Carolina and No. 4 Wake Forest facing off this season, odds are Duke's matchup against Florida State this weekend won't garner the most attention conference-wide.

But Gary Parish of CBS Sportsline says, 'Beware!' predicting a Seminole upset down in Tallahassee. He prides himself on his uncanny ability to make crazy predictions that turn out true, so Duke fans might have reason to worry. Florida State has had a week to rest up while Duke must make the travel to northern Florida on only three days rest. That's the formula for upset, according to Parish.

And it wouldn't be the first time the Seminoles trumped the Blue Devils. Although the two programs are on opposite ends of the Basketball Spectrum of Greatness, Florida State has split the series with Duke since the 2001-02 season, which the FSView is quick to point out. The Florida State school newspaper argues rebounding has been the key in each game, the winner on the boards also taking home the 'W' in each of the last six games. The Seminoles come into the contest with a 13-2 record, but their biggest wins to date come against the likes of Cincinnati, California and once-ranked No. 20 Florida. Duke will certainly be their toughest opponent of the season.

What's your take? Does Duke have reason to worry?

Share and discuss “Upset Lurking?” on social media.