Tauiliili Heads Home In NFL Draft Quest

Photo courtesy HoustonTexans.com

Duke linebacker Michael Tauiliili is turning heads in his hometown as he participates in practices at the training facility for the NFL's Houston Texans in preparation for this weekend's East-West Shrine Game. The Walter Camp All-American is looking to become the first Duke football player selected in the NFL Draft since tackle Drew Stojny was selected in the 7th round by the New York Giants in 2004, and a successful week of practices in front of numerous NFL scouts could give Tauiliili's draft stock a critical boost.

Sporting News Today's Russ Lande has a scouting report from Houston on how Tauiliili has graded out so far:

He shows quick feet, explosiveness and the ability to change directions easily. He looks good in space and should test well in personal workouts. He does not look instinctive and is often late in finding the ball.

Additionally, HoustonTexans.com has an article on the Shrine Bowl experience so far of Tauiliili and other local Houston area players. In the article, Tauiliili discusses his excitement about playing in front of family and friends as well as how he hopes to prove through the pre-draft process that his relatively small 5-foot-11 height should not be considered by NFL teams as a disadvantage.

Although there are still three-plus months to go before the draft and the all important evaluation phase of combines and team pro days is still to come, in what round do you think Tauiliili will be drafted?

Share and discuss “Tauiliili Heads Home In NFL Draft Quest” on social media.