RLHS opens reassigment applications

Undergraduates may request changes to their Spring housing assignments by Oct. 31, after which Residence Life and Housing Services officials will determine assignments for Few Quadrangle and other on-campus bed spaces.

Students may apply for reassignment, a new roommate or housing cancellations for a semester abroad or on leave, RLHS officials wrote in an e-mail to students Thursday. The requests-which are solicited every year for Spring housing-will determine rearrangements while giving preference to those returning from study abroad, said Jen Frank, assistant director of accommodations for RLHS.

She added that assignments will be made with a goal of "maximizing happiness," noting that RLHS is making the assumption that some students currently living on campus will request housing in Few, though students returning from abroad who wish to live there will get greater priority.

"We're going for a balanced approach rather than blanketly denying one group [their requests]," she said.

More than 400 bed spaces in Few and about 150 to 200 in other West Campus quads and on Central Campus will be vacant in Spring, according to the RLHS Web site. The organization hopes to notify students of assignments around Thanksgiving Break, Frank said.

Share and discuss “RLHS opens reassigment applications” on social media.