Greer, Quinzani & Co. Headed to Foxborough

Senior attackman Zack Greer poured in six goals and contributed five assists as top-seeded Duke cruised into the Final Four Sunday, pounding Ohio State 21-10 in Ithaca, N.Y. The win was Duke's 18th of the year, setting a new NCAA season record.

Sophomore attackman Max Quinzani--who owns the second-most goals in the country, trailing only Greer--scored five of his own, and reigning Tewaaraton Trophy winner Matt Danowski chipped in with a goal and two assists.

After Ohio State scored the game's first goal just 30 seconds in, the Blue Devils caught fire, scoring 10 unanswered goals to essentially seal the victory before the first quarter even ended. Greer posted Duke's first goal to start the scoring barrage.

The Blue Devils next take on No. 5 Johns Hopkins next Saturday in Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Duke routed the Blue Jays 17-6 back on April 5, but since then, Hopkins has won seven in a row. If you recall, the Blue Jays beat Duke in the national championship last year, so this one should be fun.

Make sure you check back with The Chronicle and The Chronicle's Sports Blog throughout the week, as our two beat writers will be in Foxborough bringing you the best coverage of Duke Lacrosse out there, and our two photographers will be snapping pictures for you, as well.

--by Ben Cohen

Share and discuss “Greer, Quinzani & Co. Headed to Foxborough” on social media.