Sunday Morning Round-up

The opinions on Johnny Dawkins' move to Stanford keep rolling in...

• Raleigh N&O: Time was right to make move
  • Former Daily Quickie man Dan Shanoff had one line to say on his self-titled blog—Stanford hires Duke's Johnny Dawkins: Not bad, not exciting either.
  • Statement from Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski released by the athletics department last night: “In my 28 years at Duke, no one did more to build our program as a player, coach or a person than Johnny Dawkins. He is as responsible as anyone for the success we’ve had for more than two decades. Johnny is certainly ready to become a head coach at a high level, and that is exactly the opportunity he’s been presented. He will identify completely with what Stanford does, both in the classroom and on the court, and will maintain its strong basketball tradition. This is a great fit for both Stanford and Johnny."

Rounding out this morning's other news, North Carolina's Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington have declared for Saturday's NBA draft, as did sixth man Danny Green (although Green did not hire an agent). Tyler Hansbrough, however, has decided to grace Tobacco Road with his presence for yet another year... Duke southpaw Chistopher Manno pitched another gem Saturday as the Blue Devils took down Maryland and came one step closer to postseason play. Duke looks to take the series today at 1 p.m. at Jack Coombs Field... The men's lacrosse squad goes for its fifth ACC championship when the team squares off against Virginia in Charlottesville today at 3:30 p.m. on Fox Sports Network. If you can't get close to a television, watch out for Sports Managing Editor Matt Iles' live blog of the game right here at this very url.

—by Meredith Shiner

Share and discuss “Sunday Morning Round-up” on social media.