Duke takes on Georgia Tech and Clemson at home

After successfully completing a five-game road stint, the No. 13 Blue Devils look to defend their 35 home-game winning streak in Cameron Indoor Stadium this weekend. Although Duke (13-3, 8-0 in the ACC) has yet to have any close conference matches, the next two may be the most challenging.

The Blue Devils hope to avenge their only ACC loss of last season tonight at 7 p.m. against Georgia Tech (10-6, 4-2). Last season, the Yellow Jackets narrowly defeated Duke 3-2. ending the Blue Devils' streak of 11-consecutive wins.

Saturday's match-up will feature the only two undefeated teams in the ACC, as Duke faces Clemson (13-2, 6-0) at 6 p.m. The Tigers lead the conference with a .276 hitting percentage, thanks to the hitting prowess of juniors Meghan Steiner and Danielle Hepburn.

For the Blue Devils to continue their streak, the team must rely heavily on their defense. Junior Jourdan Norman's blocking ability will be key for Duke, as she became the first Blue Devil to record double-digit blocks in last Tuesday's win over Wake Forest.

On the offensive side, seniors Carrie DeMange and Ali Hausfeld's consistent play has catapulted Duke to the top of the NCAA leaderboard, The Blue Devils are now ranked second in assists with 16.51 per game and third in kills with 17.75 per game.

Duke will continue its four-game homestand with matches against Virginia Tech and Virginia next weekend.

Share and discuss “Duke takes on Georgia Tech and Clemson at home” on social media.