The field for the final 4

Johns Hopkins

After opening their season with a 4-1 record, the Blue Jays (11-4) lost three straight, dropping a tight 7-5 match to Virginia March 24 and ending with a 11-9 loss Duke in Durham. Since then, though, Johns Hopkins has rattled off seven straight victories, including last weekend's quarterfinal win over sixth-seeded Georgetown.

Despite surrendering the opening goal of the game to the Hoyas, the third-seeded Blue Jays netted six tallies en route to a 6-1 first-half lead. A force all season long, Johns Hopkins' defense prevented Georgetown from gaining any kind of momentum, holding them scoreless for more than 29 minutes at one point. This marked the 20th time this season that the Blue Jays have held their opponent scoreless for a span of 10:45 or longer.

Cornell

Although it boasts an undefeated record and the top national ranking, the Big Red (15-0) enter this weekend's semifinal game as the No. 4 seed of the tournament. Earlier this season, Cornell served Duke, the No. 1 seed in the tournament, with only its second loss on the year.

With a two goal lead over Albany in last weekend's quarterfinals, Cornell was just about five minutes away from inching ever closer to a national championship. But the Great Danes tied the game up with two goals in the contest's final moments, including one at the 17-second mark. Nevertheless, the Big Red answered the call and buried the game-winner with 4.2 seconds left in the overtime period.

Delaware

The Blue Hens are headed to the Final Four for the first time in school history after defeating University of Maryland-Baltimore County 10-6 last weekend. The win marked Delaware's seventh straight, a streak which includes the team's remarkable 14-8 upset over No. 2 seed Virginia.

With the three other final four teams ranked in the top five, the No. 15 Blue Hens are the clear Cinderella of this tournament. Delaware's surprising run has been a result of its superb second-half play, which showed again against UMBC when the Blue Hens exploded for the win after a 3-3 halftime tie. In their last four games, they have outscored their opponents 26-11 in the second half.

Share and discuss “The field for the final 4” on social media.