Duke to take on Badgers in 2008

The schedule for the ninth annual ACC-Big Ten Challenge was released Tuesday, headlined by the first-ever matchup between Duke and Wisconsin and a rematch of last season's thrilling contest between North Carolina and Ohio State.

The event consists of 11 games over three nights the week following Thanksgiving. The ACC has won each of the eight prior competitions played between the conferences, which have combined to win four of the last eight national championships.

The Blue Devils will host the Badgers at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27 on ESPN. Duke is the only school to be a perfect 8-0 in the event, including victories over Indiana each of the last two seasons.

Wisconsin, meanwhile, has gone 3-5 in the competition, with a blowout win over Florida State a season ago. The Badgers, however, have yet to win on the road in four tries.

Wisconsin was ranked No. 1 as late as Feb. 25 last season, but fell on the opening weekend of the NCAA Tournament to UNLV. The Badgers have been hit hard by graduation, losing all-time leading scorer Alando Tucker and three-point marksman Kammron Taylor.

North Carolina and Ohio State played one of the best games of the regular season in last year's challenge, with the Tar Heels pulling out a 92-86 win at home. The national runner-up Buckeyes will look for revenge on their home court in the rematch Nov. 28.

Other games include N.C. State at Michigan State, Illinois at Maryland and Georgia Tech at Indiana.

-from staff reports

Share and discuss “Duke to take on Badgers in 2008” on social media.