Duke wins 1st ACC game

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The Duke team that people have come to expect over the

past decade re-emerged Sunday night as the Blue Devils snapped their two-game skid and captured their first ACC win of the season.

Led by the stealthy shooting of sophomore Greg Paulus and freshman Jon Scheyer, No. 11 Duke (14-3, 1-2 in the ACC) shot a remarkable 81 percent in the first half en route to an 86-63 win over Miami (9-9, 2-2) Sunday in Coral Gables,Fla.

"Playing a game like this is good because we've been fighting to be consistent," head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "This was not an easy thing tonight and I'm proud that we could make plays and free throws down the

stretch on the road.

Paulus made each of his three-point attempts and Scheyer was a perfect 4-for-4,

including three trifectas, as Duke missed just four of its 21 first-half shots.

Despite allowing the Hurricanes to score five points in the final 25 seconds of the first half, the Blue Devils' offensive outburst helped Duke stake a 49-40 halftime lead.

The Blue Devils would not relent in the second half as Scheyer finished with a

career high 25 points and Duke tallied its highest point total since its first game of the season.

"This game we wanted to come out here, compete at a high level and play with extreme confidence," DeMarcus Nelson said. "Everyone made plays tonight; it was a total team effort. You have to take it game by game, we'll take the positives out of this game and continue to reinforce them and take the negatives to try to get better at them and try to prepare for our next game."

Share and discuss “Duke wins 1st ACC game” on social media.