Music Review: P. Diddy

Let's not beat around the bush-Diddy doesn't deserve to be successful. In fact, he doesn't even deserve the 200 words devoted to him on this page concerned his upcoming album, Press Play. Although these statements might be harsh, let's not forget exactly who Diddy is. To mention a few, Diddy is a mediocre rapper, a worse actor, the founder of a terrible record label and an artist who has changed his name more times than Prince. He is also someone who takes videos of himself brushing his teeth and peeing, assuming that we are seriously interested in his hygiene and urinary excretions. In short, Diddy is the poster child for how an untalented Joe can become a multi-platinum-selling "musician." His secret? Unoriginality. Back in the day, The Onion wrote a cheeky article poking fun at Diddy's inability to create his own music. The sad part about this is that it's true. From Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" to Tears For Fears' "Head Over Heels," Diddy raps-poorly-over another band's entire song. And so here we are given Press Play, another pathetic attempt at a rap album guaranteed to go platinum. Diddy is just another Jay-Z wannabe who, through some fluke in universal logic, became disgustingly popular. So do the world a favor and do not buy this album. Seriously-if you like Diddy, you have bad taste in music. Period.

Share and discuss “Music Review: P. Diddy” on social media.