Crime briefs

Parking dispute causes verbal fight, shoving

At the Genome Science Research Building, a visitor shoved an employee after a verbal altercation involving a parking situation Friday, Jan. 10 at 3:04 p.m.

The visitor was banned from campus by the Duke University Police, but no charges have been filed.

Phone account opened under wrong name

An unknown suspect reportedly opened a Duke cell phone account at the Office of Information Technology in an employee's name Friday, Jan. 10 at 3:48 p.m.

The employee was alerted when she began to receive bills for a cell phone she did not own.

Currency, keys stolen from ED

A suspect was seen stealing a cloth purse containing currency, keys and identification valued at $52 from a bed in the Emergency Department Saturday, Jan. 11 at 6:54 a.m. The suspect could not be located at that time.

Wallet pilfered from purse at hospital

An Duke Hospital employee reported that her wallet was stolen from her purse at 9:51 a.m. Saturday, while her purse was left in an unsecured area. Her black leather Guess wallet containing several credit cards and currency was valued at $45. When she cancelled her credit cards, the employee found that several of them had been used fraudulently at area stores.

Clothes, cash, money clip taken

A visitor reported Saturday at 4:23 p.m. that a bag containing clothes, boots, a money clip, cash and identification were taken from an unsecured area at the Duke Hospital. The value of all items was $510.

Local man cited with burglary, larceny

Jeffrey Regan, 36 of Durham, was charged with Burglary and Larceny after he was seen stealing items from a patients room at the Duke Hospital Sunday at 12:33 a.m.

Regan is also under investigation for other thefts in the Hospital and could not be reached for comment.

License plate lifted from off-campus location

A student reported a belated theft of his license plate Friday. He last saw the license plate Feb. 7 at an off-campus location. The plate bears registration number TZC8915, North Carolina, and is valued at $25.

Washington Duke flag pole stolen

A male suspect in his late teens or early 20s, wearing a black jacket, was seen stealing a flag pole with an orange flag attached to it from the Golf Course at the Washington Duke Saturday at 3:55 p.m. The suspect was seen getting into a white mid-90s Buick or Oldsmobile with two other male suspects of the same age inside of it.

Employee charged with trespassing

An employee of the Washington Duke Inn, Derreck Douglas, 39, of Martinsville, Va. was charged with 2nd degree Trespassing after he refused to leave the premises when requested by the management Sunday at 2:17 a.m. Mr. Douglas has a court date March 23 at 9:00 a.m. He could not be reached for comment.

Catering carts stolen

An employee reported Sunday at 8:03 a.m. that two catering carts had been stolen from the Mary Lou Williams Center, valued at $375. The carts were last seen the night before during an event.

Share and discuss “Crime briefs” on social media.