Crime briefs

Car reported stolen from Central Campus

A vehicle was reported stolen Friday from Central Campus Apartments. A student told police her 1999 Chevrolet Malibu was parked on Lewis Street Wednesday, and she discovered it missing Friday. The student told police her apartment was broken into in September, and that a spare set of car keys was taken.

Lamb leg looted

A leg of lamb was stolen Monday, Oct. 17 from a kitchen in the West Union Building. The meat was left in a sink to thaw with three other legs of lamb Monday afternoon. When workers with Sage and Swift Catering returned to the kitchen Tuesday morning, the leg of lamb, which was valued at $33, was gone.

Van vandalized in gas siphoning attempt

The gas tank of a Duke van was damaged this week after someone crawled under the vehicle to siphon gas. About $1,100 in damage was reported to the 2004 GMC that was parked at 2815 W. Pettigrew St. The gas theft was reported Wednesday.

Vehicle light thieves caught near Southgate

Two Durham teenagers were issued petitions to appear in juvenile court after they were seen Tuesday removing a signal light protector from a vehicle near Southgate residence hall. Duke Police recovered pliers and a baseball bat from the juveniles.

Money reported stolen from Rick's

The manager of Rick's Diner reported money stolen from the restaurant in McClendon Tower. The cash was in two money bags, which were last seen at 3:30 a.m. Saturday.

Share and discuss “Crime briefs” on social media.