The Sandbox: A good record... for me to poop on

"What was the name of that CD again, hon'?"

I gave two quick looks over each shoulder and leaned in slightly before whispering: "Come Poop With Me."

"Come what with me?!," the clerk shot back, tilting her head as if I'd extended an invitation to her instead of asked for assistance finding Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's new comedy album. Poop. You better get used to saying it--and hearing it. Comedic maturity is apparently not calculated in dog years, and Triumph is the leg-lifting, self-licking canine king of toilet humor. And he's damn funny, too.

For those not familiar, Triumph is a cigar-smoking rottweiler hand puppet created by Robert Smigel of Saturday Night Live fame. Smigel's creation gained notoriety on Late Night with Conan O'Brien for his investigative reports from the likes of Bon Jovi concerts and the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, where he proved a willingness to ask the tough questions and shamelessly hump pedigrees on-camera. Armed with the compliment-nullifying quip "...for me to poop on" delivered in a thick and unidentifiable accent, Triumph has always known exactly how to reduce the Greatest of Danes to the biggest of bitches with a well-timed zinger.

Come Poop With Me is Triumph's first stab at recording, and it's a mixed (doggy) bag of original songs and prank phone calls. Joining him are special guests Conan O'Brien, Horatio Sanz, Adam Sandler and Jack Black on tracks like "Underage Bichon," "Lick Myself" and the especially heartwarming "Together in Pooping." And if that weren't enough, there's even a bonus DVD featuring interviews with Ben "Dude, you're getting a Dell" Curtis and Jared "Subway" Fogle. Insults are cheap, low and delivered with stunning precision for a dog.

It may not be high comedy, but when Triumph takes potshots at Benji's sexual preference, you just might let yourself laugh--a lot. And when this insult comic sings on Poop's final track, "No rules in the animal kingdom/ It's a pervert's paradise," you just might believe him.

Share and discuss “The Sandbox: A good record... for me to poop on” on social media.