Crime Briefs

Garments few in Central Campus flashing

A student reported at 9 p.m. Nov. 16 that she saw a man outside her Central Campus apartment looking at her through the window. She went outside to confront the man and he exposed himself to her. The student described the man as a black male, around 5'10" tall, wearing gray cotton shorts and no shirt.

Objects stolen, scattered in parking lot

A student reported Nov. 15 that someone broke into her 2003 Honda Civic on Wannamaker Drive. The student reported that she parked the vehicle at 11 p.m. Nov. 14 and returned at 11:45 p.m. When she returned she found that someone had broken the left rear window of her vehicle and stolen a purse, backpack and clothing items from her car. The missing items were later found scattered in the Duke Credit Union parking lot on Moreen Road. The damage to the vehicle is valued at $150.

Transport damaged, nothing reported stolen

Duke police officers discovered at 5:17 p.m. Nov. 12 a vehicle that had been damaged at 312 Anderson Street. The vehicle had sustained a broken window. Nothing has been reported stolen from this vehicle. The damage is valued at $200.

Missing car last parked by valet

A visitor reported at 11:57 a.m. Nov. 12 that her $23,000 green 2003 Honda Civic was stolen after it had been parked by a valet. The vehicle was given to a valet at the rear of the Morris Building Clinic. It was parked at 8:10 a.m. and discovered missing at 11:45 a.m.

Illegal activity in Law School

A student reported at 11:29 a.m. Nov. 12 that his bookbag had been stolen from a second floor cubicle in the Law School. The student stated that he was on the computer from 10:15 a.m. until 11:05 a.m. He stated that the bookbag was in the cubicle with him. When he was ready to leave, he discovered the bag was missing. The bookbag and its contents were valued at $113.

Laptop, projector nabbed

An employee reported Nov. 14 that someone stole a $1500 Pro-View projector and a $1000 Dell Inspiron laptop computer from a locked cabinet in an office in Duke Hospital. The employee said the projector and computer were last seen in the cabinet at 6:15 p.m. Nov. 13. and were gone from the cabinet at 10 a.m. Nov. 14. Responding officers found what appeared to be pry marks on the cabinet door.

Key accounted for, locks missing

An employee reported at 3:33 p.m. Nov. 12 that four heavy-duty security locks, valued at $120, had been stolen from several trailers at 2707 Edmund Street. According to the employee, he had the only key. Nothing was reported missing from the trailer.

Maintenance area fence section removed

A West Grounds employee reported Nov. 17 that when he arrived at work at 7:45 a.m. he found a section of the chain-link fence at the West Grounds maintenance area was torn down. The employee said the fence was intact when he left at noon Nov. 15. At this time, nothing has been reported stolen from the maintenance area. The section of fence is valued at $250.

Open room plundered

A student reported Nov. 17 that items were stolen from her room in Giles dormitory. The student reported that she and her roommate left the room at 11 p.m. Nov. 16 and returned at 12:34 a.m. When they returned to their unlocked room they found that someone had stolen $35 from two purses located in the room.

Outlook not good for shutterbug

A student reported Nov. 17 the theft of his $700 Canon Powershot camera from the dressing room area at Page Auditorium. The student said the camera was in a black backpack in the dressing room at 8 p.m. Nov. 7 but was missing when he checked his bag at 11:30 p.m.

October food charges reported as unauthorized

A student reported Nov. 14 that an unauthorized charge was made to his DukeCard. The student reported that an unknown person charged food worth $23.30 to his card without his authorization Oct. 4. The charge was used to purchase food from an off-campus vendor.

Share and discuss “Crime Briefs” on social media.