Decision impending from top PG recruit

UPDATED: 2 P.M. MONDAY, SEPT. 1

"Greg Paulus will be announcing his college decision at a press conference noon Tuesday at his high school, Christian Brothers Academy. Paulus, a highly touted point guard out of New York, is expected to select either Duke, Notre Dame, Xavier, Syracuse or North Carolina. An equally respected quarterback, Paulus has received in upwards of 50 offers in both football and basketball.

The Chronicle will continue to update its website through tomorrow as soon as the decision is announced, so please stay tuned to find out if this Blue Chipper becomes the newest Blue Devil. In addition, extensive coverage of Paulus' decision, and an interview with Greg will be published in Wednesday's edition of The Chronicle."

ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

Men's basketball recruit Greg Paulus may be on the verge of making a college decision.

In a telephone interview with The Chronicle Saturday afternoon, Paulus' father Dave indicated that Greg may announce his decision as early as this week.

"I think it's very possible that he'll make [a decision] before mid-September," Paulus said. "There's a possibility he may make it next week."

Paulus, a 6-foot-2 point guard, is considered to be one of the top point guard prospects in the class of 2005. As a sophomore last year, Paulus averaged 24.5 ppg and 6.5 apg at Christian Brothers Academy in Syracuse, NY. Paulus is also a talented quarterback who has already broken the New York state touchdown pass record.

Paulus has narrowed his college list to Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Xavier.

Share and discuss “Decision impending from top PG recruit” on social media.