UNIVERSITY BRIEFS

Tuesday vigil to recognize troops

Students, faculty and staff are invited to a public candlelight vigil tonight at 8 p.m. on the Chapel Quadrangle. Organizers of the event described it as a chance to honor U.S. troops serving in Iraq.

eA·Vision conference Saturday

The Business Technology Club at the Fuqua School of Business will host the fifth annual eA·Vision Duke Business Technology Forum March 29. The conference, to be held at Fuqua, is sponsored by Microsoft and the Duke University Teradata Center for Customer Relationship Management. The public is invited to attend the event, but must register in advance. The event is designed to link professionals and students to discuss the integration of technology into everyday business practices.

The forum will feature keynote presentations from Duke trustee Kimberly Jenkins, former president of the Internet Policy Institute, and Matthew Szulik, chief executive officer and president of North Carolina-based Red Hat, the nation's largest source of open source technology.

Law school holds intellectual property conference

Leading economists, political scientists, trade specialists, legal scholars and other experts will be at the School of Law April 4 to 6 for a conference that examines intellectual property rights and the global economy from both a legal and economic perspective.

"International Public Goods and Transfer of Technology Under a Globalized Intellectual Property Regime" will bring together some of the world's premier intellectual property experts with representatives from such organizations as the World Trade Organization, World Intellectual Property Organization, World Bank, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development and United Nations Development Programme.

CASE award, lecture April 1

The Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship and Fuqua will hold the inaugural CASE Pioneer in Social Entrepreneurship Award and Lecture at 6:30 p.m. April 1 in Fuqua's Geneen Auditorium.

The CASE lecture and award recognizes leadership and innovation in the field of social entrepreneurship. The event is free and open to the public.

Share and discuss “UNIVERSITY BRIEFS” on social media.