Letter: Student clarifies involvement in Armadillo raid

To all readers of the March 5 article pertaining to the Armadillo Grill citation incident, I would like to offer an explanation for what appear to be sarcastic, unremorseful, and somewhat dismissive remarks in response to my citation for MIP.

I did not intend for my version of the story to sound that way. I take full responsibility for my actions. I was in violation of state laws and deserved to be reprimanded. I in no way meant to imply that there was some sort of "conspiracy theory" going on amongst the police and Duke students; I don't believe that at all. Nor did I mean to imply that I am drinking alcoholic beverages at the 'Dillo three nights a week. This is not true. My time at the 'Dillo is usually spent watching basketball games or eating dinner with friends.

These comments were made during a conversation, from which things were very carefully selected and some of the things I said were said in the heat of the moment and are misrepresentations of my true beliefs about the issue and my character as a whole. I just wanted to clarify and explain, lest I acquire a bad reputation as some kind of "badass," which is not at all what I am or have any intent of becoming.

Share and discuss “Letter: Student clarifies involvement in Armadillo raid” on social media.