Letter: Head line monitor explains Maryland game policy

Tomorrow, the men's basketball team takes on the University of Maryland at 9 p.m. in one of the biggest home contests of the year.

There are currently around 700 tenters lined up for Wednesday's game; however, there is still room for many people to be let in from the walk-up line. Students in the walk-up line will be admitted after all of the tenting students. The line should form with students exiting the line only to attend class, get food and attend to human needs. Soon after the line has formed, the line monitors will arrive to register the people in the line. Each individual in the line may register along with one friend, forming a two-person group. At the time of registration, only one person from the group needs to be present. Line monitors will return to the line at random, unannounced times to perform checks of the line. Each group must have at least one of its two members present at all times.

At each check, new groups will be registered at the end of the list in the order they are in the line. Any group missing a check will be moved to the end of the line, behind the new groups registering at that check. There is no guaranteed grace period following checks of the walk-up line.

At the final check three hours before tip-off, bracelets will be distributed to all groups that have made their checks. The possession of a bracelet does not guarantee admission into Cameron Indoor Stadium.

More details about the walk-up line can be found online at dsg.duke.edu/ kv.html. If you have any questions, send me an e-mail at j.morgan@duke.edu. Let's go Duke!

Share and discuss “Letter: Head line monitor explains Maryland game policy” on social media.