Letter: Election laws no barrier for desperate Democrats

Recently, I forfeited a warm, dry building to sit in my car for several hours at City 5 Precinct. How did this bad fortune occur? I stopped by the Durham County GOP election office to volunteer my services. They had received a call that Elizabeth Dole signs at City 5 Precinct had been torn down. Gathering several signs, I drove there and planted the signs wires into the soggy earth. Coming back later, I found the signs had been uprooted yet again. After fixing them, I returned to the car armed with a camera (I was informed by a Durham County Republicans leader that tearing down election signs was against state law). Thankfully, my presence acted as a deterrence, but the underlying point remains to be stated-Laws become nothing more than obstacles to desperate Democrats during elections. Aside from personal experiences, news stories of election and voter fraud perpetrated by Democrats span nationwide. In South Dakota, for example, a major voter registration fraud investigation is currently being conducted by the FBI. In Massachusetts, a complaint was filed against Service Employees International Union workers who were seen entering voting booths with voters.

Recent cases have also arisen in other states. The same concept applied to the New Jersey Senate race, where Democrats successfully placed another candidate on the ballot during the period that violated New Jersey election laws. Yet again, the law was merely a barrier. The conclusion? Desperation explains why Democrats feel compelled to engage in such illegal actions. What is the origin of this desperation? Offering none of their own solutions to problematic issues, Democrats focused on attacking their Republican opponents. When this strategy failed, some members of the dying party resorted to the previously mentioned acts. This testifies loudly to the Democratic Party's platform of ideas.

Scaring voters and throwing money at problems is becoming old fast; the party needs to offer something new if they want to win.

Share and discuss “Letter: Election laws no barrier for desperate Democrats” on social media.