CRIME BRIEFS

Briefcase snatched from Fuqua

Someone entered room B-1 of the Fuqua School of Business between 10:05 a.m. and 10:18 a.m. Nov. 4, and stole a visitor's unsecured $450 Tumi briefcase containing his $3,000 laptop computer, $550 IPaq handheld pocket PC, $200 Sprint cellular phone, $200 T-Mobile cellular phone and Motorola $150 pager.

Employee reports golf course damage

An employee reported that between 6 p.m. Nov. 5 and 7 a.m. Nov. 6, someone damaged several plants on the golf course at the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club, stole one sign, damaged another near the bag drop area, and stole two flags and flag sticks from the eighth and ninth greens, totaling $2,000.

Parking office vandalized

Someone caused $750 of vandalism to Parking and Transportation Services between 11 p.m. Nov. 7 and 7:54 a.m. Nov. 8. Two windows were broken and window frames, screens and plastic mini-blinds were damaged. A vehicle caused damage to the lawn, and trash was dumped outside the building.

Bike swiped from Bassett dorm rack

A student reported that someone stole a $450 secured red and white Giant 21-speed bicycle from the bike rack located at Bassett Dormitory between 12 p.m. Nov. 2 and 12 p.m. Nov. 3.

Documents taken from clinic

Someone entered an employee's office in Duke Clinic's Blue Zone between 3:30 p.m. Nov. 5 and 3 p.m. Nov. 7, and stole $300 of School of Medicine documents containing medical students ranking scores and personal notes.

Thief enters student's car on Central

While a student's secured vehicle was parked at 302 Oregon St. between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. Nov. 9, someone entered her secured vehicle and stole two $100 wallets, $200 in cash, credit and check cards, a $400 Sprint LG510 cellular phone, a $150 two-way pager, a Omega Psi fraternity card, miscellaneous identification cards, a $90 finance textbook, an $80 math book and keys. There were no signs of forced entry.

Funds pilfered from J.D.'s Deli

Someone entered a storage area of J.D.'s Deli located in the Law School between 4 p.m. Nov. 8 and 8 a.m. Nov. 12, and stole $200 of charity funds from a jar.

Ornament, display case damaged

Someone attempted to break into the display case on the first floor of Duke University Hospital between 1 p.m. Nov. 7 and 1:54 p.m. Nov. 12. In doing so, a $10 glass ornament that was hanging on a miniature Christmas tree was broken and the lock on the display case sustained $50 damage.

Wallet lifted from WilRec

A student's $50 wallet--containing $20 cash, a check card, a DukeCard, a driver's license and a Social Security card--was stolen from the center basketball court in Wilson Recreation Center between 9:30 p.m. and 10:50 p.m. Nov. 6.

Locker ransacked in Clinic

Someone entered an employee's secured locker in the Clinic 1-C break room between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Nov. 8, and stole her $30 wallet, containing $40 cash, driver's license, N.C. nurse's license, Social Security card and other miscellaneous papers. There were no signs of forced entry.

Locker entered in Brodie

Someone entered an employee's secured locker in Brodie Gym between 5:35 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 4 and stole $30 from his pants pocket.

Wallet snatched from Armadillo

Someone stole a student's wallet that he left on a table at Armadillo Grill between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Nov. 8. The wallet contained $5 cash, check and credit cards and a driver's license.

Crime briefs are compiled from Duke University Police Department reports. Anyone with knowledge about those responsible for these or other crimes at the University can contact Lt. Davis Trimmer at 684-4713 or Durham CrimeStoppers at 683-1200.

Share and discuss “CRIME BRIEFS” on social media.