Letter: Gender politics about power, control and money

Regarding Bill English's Oct. 7 column: Great column. You are an excellent writer and have learned much. But you have a lot more to learn.

It is not about women's issues. It is just a platform or soapbox, if you will, to get something they want. Power, control, money or whatever one of the needs Andrew Maslow was talking about.

The same applies to any ethnic minority, religious, sexually (dis)oriented group or who knows what else and their respective bitch-'n'-moan platforms. It's just a tool to get whatever they want. They really do not give a damn about women, religion or whatever per se, just some other basic instinct-type goal such as money, power, etc. In other words, all the claims of persecution in this day and age are grossly overblown to follow the theory that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

When I dropped my son at Duke years ago, I recall feeling guilty about being a white male after listening to Nan's speech, supposedly to welcome the incoming freshmen. I soon realized that it was just another chance to push the female and race issues out there in order to preserve those federal dollars. She turned me off completely to the school and surely to any future donations.

Do not kid yourself. Wait until you get into the workplace. And, be careful, they will turn you into a gelding if you are not careful. Make sure you buy life insurance before you go to any feminist convention and try to find a woman who actually enjoys being a woman and enjoy life with her.

Share and discuss “Letter: Gender politics about power, control and money” on social media.