Morris, winner of Pulitzer Prize, to speak in Perkins

Edmund Morris, author of Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt," will speak at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 in the Rare Book Room of Perkins Library. Morris, who also wrote a controversial biography of Ronald Reagan, "Dutch," will read from his latest work, the second of his three-volume biography of Roosevelt, "Theodore Rex," which was recently released. Morris' visit is co-sponsored by the Duke libraries, the Gothic Bookshop and the Department of History.

Law school hosts environmental colloquium: The School of Law and the Center for Environmental Solutions will host the seventh annual colloquium on environmental law and institutions Dec. 7 and 8. The colloquium will bring together scholars, policymakers, business leaders, non-governmental organization activists and certification institution leaders to discuss social and environmental certification.

Topics of debate will include how certification institutions are defined, why they are now emerging, why they have changed over time and why these groups have taken up a role once reserved for government.

Pediatric cardiologist to discuss death: RenZ Herlong, a Duke pediatric cardiologist, will lead a seminar at 5 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss child deaths.

The seminar, entitled "Through the Eyes of a Pediatrician: When Children Die," is free and open to the public and will be held in room 240 of the John Hope Franklin Center for Interdisciplinary and International Studies.

Herlong will discuss his experiences in medical missions to Nicaragua. Herlong and other Duke caregivers have made several trips to Leon, Nicaragua, since 1998 to provide lifesaving treatment for children with congenital heart problems.

The event is sponsored by the Duke Institute on Care at the End of Life, an interdisciplinary center formed two years ago by the Divinity School.

Human resources website goes live: Late November, a website was launched by the Division of Human Resources to provide information to employees. The website for the Employee Information Service Center currently features a calendar where EISC specialists will be available to answer questions about human resources.

Feingold speech at UNC-CH postponed: Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.), who was scheduled to speak at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill today, has rescheduled the speech for January 14. Feingold will speak about campaign finance reform at 8 p.m. at Memorial Hall.

The event will be free and open to the public.

Share and discuss “Morris, winner of Pulitzer Prize, to speak in Perkins” on social media.