University again postpones planning for new art museum

Planning for the construction of the University's new art museum has been delayed once more. Due to continued scheduling problems, the final list of potential architects has yet to be determined. University officials could not schedule interviews with several firms before the end of the year.

Executive Vice President Tallman Trask said he was unsure which architects wanted to take the project. "I don't even know who is going to be interested and available," he said.

He added that he hoped an architect would be chosen by Jan. 31. The new art museum, made possible by former Trustee Raymond Nasher's $7.5 million gift, will be significantly larger than the current facility on East Campus.

Trustee Busteed hosts discussion: Young Trustee Brandon Busteed, Trinity '99, will lead a discussion about issues facing the University. At the event, which will be held Thursday at 10 p.m. in 111 Social Sciences Building, participants will critique the recent decisions of the Board of Trustees and Busteed will field comments.

An informational session about the Young Trustee position will be held at 9 p.m. in the same location. Busteed can be contacted at busteed@alumni.duke.edu.

Architect will discuss golf courses: Golf course architect Richard Mandell will speak at tonight's meeting of the American Society of Civil Engineers in 203 Teer Engineering Library. Mandell is a design consultant with his own firm- Whole in One Design Group-and currently teaches a golf course design class at North Carolina State University.

His responsibilities include general course design, landscape architecture, land planning, construction management, site analysis and environmental consulting. He will give a broad overview of his field at the 8 p.m. meeting following a brief ASCE business meeting.

Share and discuss “University again postpones planning for new art museum” on social media.