Luke Kennard, the No. 24 prospect in the class of 2015, committed to Duke last week, but could he be getting a classmate sometime soon?

Head coach Mike Krzyzewski continued to hit the recruiting pavement last week, heading out to Las Vegas to visit forward Chase Jeter, the No. 35 player in the class. Coach K was joined by assistants Jeff Capel and Nate James.

Jeter, along with Kennard, was one of many top prospects who visited in March for Duke's win against North Carolina at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The two took their official visits that weekend, along with uncommitted 2014 big man Myles Turner. The hope appears to be that they can secure an early commitment from Jeter the way they did with Kennard and Grayson Allen a year ago for the class of 2014. On Blue Devil Lair, Adam Rowe says that Jeter still plans on committing in late April or early May and that Kennard's commitment was good news for Duke in regards to Jeter.

Turner, the No. 2 player in 2014, is still seen as a long shot for Duke, however. While Coach K said last week in his end-of-season press conference that the Blue Devils have yet to wrap up their recruiting yet for this year, it remains unclear if Turner would realistically want to join a frontcourt that will already be featuring the No. 1 player in the class of 2014, Jahlil Okafor.

Turner took his official visit to Texas last week and has seen—officially or unofficially—Texas, Kansas, Duke, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, SMU and Texas A&M. He has yet to decide when he will commit. For a full interview with Turner, head over to Scout.com (subscription required).

Meanwhile, on Blue Devil Lair, Rowe notes that even though it has been reported in the past Duke will likely not be involved with 2015 prospect Malik Newman, ranked No. 2 in his class, "they will continue to watch him during the summer."

Still, Duke's roster for next year appears to be hanging in the balance as Rodney Hood and Jabari Parker weigh weather or not to declare for the NBA Draft. While all the buzz indicates Hood is likely to declare, recent rumors seem to indicate Parker is not as clearly gone as people might have originally believed.

From a NY Daily News article:

It would be a shocker, and the Sixers and Bucks wouldn’t like it one bit, but Duke’s Jabari Parker just might stay for his sophomore season, instead of leaving for the NBA draft this June.
“That’s what’s in the air right now, Parker staying, but we haven’t heard anything official,’’ one Eastern Conference GM with an interest in Parker’s plans said on Friday.

And in other news, Duke associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski—one of the team's top recruiters—is rumored to be of interest in the Marquette head coaching search. Former Golden Eagle head coach accepted the position at Virginia Tech, and Wojciechowski—along with Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin and former UCLA head coach Ben Howland—has been listed as a potential target.

For more news on current Duke commits this week, stay tuned at The Blue Zone for updates on this year's McDonald's All-America festivities. All four Duke commits in the class of 2014 will participate as Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones will play for the East team and Jahlil Okafor and Grayson Allen will play for the West.

Allen tweeted that he will be participating in the dunk contest. And we know the type of insane dunks he has already shown he can throw down...