Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewsk indicated in his postgame press conference Friday that redshirt sophomore Rodney Hood will not return to the Blue Devils next season.
Elysia Su / The Chronicle
GREENSBORO, N.C.—Mike Krzyzewski has essentially ended any and all rumors of Rodney Hood returning to Duke next season.

After the redshirt sophomore sunk a pair of free throws with 3.8 seconds left to give his team a 63-62 win against Clemson in the ACC tournament quarterfinals, Krzyzewski lauded the Blue Devil captain for his coachability during his postgame press conference. In the process, the Hall of Fame coach acknowledged the fact that this season would be Hood's first and last in a Duke uniform.

"I wish we had him for more than one year, because the growth that he's had in this year is terrific, and it's because he wants to be coached and he takes responsibility," Krzyzewski said. "Anybody's who's willing to take responsibility for his or her actions usually does better, and that's what Rodney does."

Hood shied away from questions about his NBA future after Duke's win on Senior Night against North Carolina, which would also mark the final game in Cameron Indoor Stadium for the Meridian, Miss., native if he enters this year's draft.

The forward would be a potential lottery pick in the 2014 NBA draft. The latest mock draft from DraftExpress has Hood being selected No. 15 overall by the Atlanta Hawks. Hood is expected to be joined in the lottery by freshman teammate Jabari Parker, who will be a consensus top-five selection.