It's easy to think of today as day-before-N.C-State day in the basketball-centric world of Duke, but it's also National Signing Day, when the Blue Devils could officially announce their 20-man recruiting class.
There are not expected to be any last minute surprises—either losses or gains—in the group.
Here's all the coverage you need, with more to come later after head coach David Cutcliffe's 1 p.m. press conference:
- Duke added 20 recruits from all over the country, showing strength with both in-state recruiting and make noise in some of the national hot-beds.
- There are two quarterbacks in Duke's class, though Quay Chambers is an athlete who can play all over the field and may not just stick to QB.
- There is one running back and four wide receivers, hoping to add depth to Duke's emerging offense.
- The Blue Devils added a lot of size to the offensive line, including the No. 6-ranked center in the class, according to ESPN.
- Duke brings in just one linebacker and one defensive lineman, though the linebacker Dominic McDonald is highly-touted and could become an impact player.
- Duke focused on its defensive backfield in the recruiting class, adding eight cornerbacks and safeties, highlighted Evrett Edwards.
Follow @chroniclesports for more updates from Cutcliffe's presser at 1 p.m.