When you get invited to a club by Coach K, you know you're doing something right.

That honor belongs to the Cameron Crazies, who created an electric atmosphere at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Coach K bows to the Cameron Crazies in gratitude after last night's 73-68 win vs. Ohio State. (Photo by Faith Robertson/The Chronicle)

Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski, who praised the Crazies after Duke's 73-68 win against Ohio State, was asked by a Chronicle reporter if he could recall the last time the buzz at Cameron matched the one vs. the Buckeyes for a non-North Carolina game.

His response?

"No, why do you think that happens?" Krzyzewski said, referring to the unusually energetic crowd. "If you went to a club and that was really good, wouldn't you want that club to be that way again no matter who we're playing?... Well maybe that should be something we do. Like Saturday [against Delaware] would be a heck of a thing, for everybody to come to the club again. Club Cameron."

If Cameron is the top club, what does that make the Blue Devil head coach—the No. 1 promoter? Either way, there's no doubting the buzz in the crowd last night. A significant portion of the student section tented for the game, giving it a North Carolina-like atmosphere in the crowd.

"The students were great. Even our coaches were saying that was vintage Cameron," said Mason Plumlee, who paced Duke with 21 points and 17 rebounds. "They were so good tonight, I just want to say thanks to them.

Fellow senior forward Ryan Kelly agreed with his classmate.

"That was as good as Cameron has been in a long time," he said.

And this was freshman Rasheed Sulaimon's first taste of Cameron Indoor Stadium at its finest.

"The Cameron Crazies gave us a lot of energy," Sulaimon. "It was crazy. Without those guys we wouldn't have won today. They gave us tremendous energy in there. The atmosphere was crazy."

The last time the bleachers shook like that in the student section was in 2010 when No. 1 Duke beat No. 6 Michigan State 84-79 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, led by a 31-point performance from freshman point guard Kyrie Irving. That turned out to be Irving's second-to-last regular season game with Duke before suffering a mysterious toe injury.