As reported on Friday, the Duke basketball coaching staff was in Chicago for their in-home visit with Jabari Parker, the top-ranked player in the class of 2013.

Parker's list of prospective schools grew by one last week when he added Connecticut as potential suitor, according to an article by ESPN.com.

This weekend, Parker is expected to make the trip north to visit Michigan State as ESPN's College Gameday comes to East Lansing for the football team's showdown with Ohio State.

The next big date for the Duke coaching staff will be October 6 when they host 6-foot-8 power forward Austin Nichols for an official visit.

The Blue Devil coaches' third target in the class of 2013 is power forward Julius Randle, who completed his in-home visits last week. The 6-foot-9 Texan has already paid a visit to Kentucky, leaving him with four official visits remaining.

Last week, news broke that Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski extended a scholarship offer to Trey Lyles, who decommitted from Indiana last month. The 6-foot-10 forward from Indianapolis recently tweeted a picture of him wearing a Duke sweatshirt with Krzyzewski.

On Sunday night, Kendrick Dunn of RecruitRecon.com tweeted, "The Trey Lyles saga will linger for a minute. Indiana is out! Duke, Kentucky and L'ville will fight for him. I don't blame Indiana for not."

Needless to say, it looks like the Duke coaches will fully emerge themselves in Lyles' recruitment. And in all likelihood, Krzyzewski will try to get Lyles to Durham for an unofficial visit in the near future.

Analysis: Arguably the biggest questions in the college basketball recruiting landscape is whether or not Andrew Wiggins—the No. 1 overall player in the class of 2014—will reclassify to 2013. The dynamic, 6-foot-7 athlete is expected to make a decision soon, according to a recent article by Adam Zagoria of Zag's Blog.

Current speculation suggests that if Wiggins reclassified, it could affect Duke negatively or positively. If a reclassification were to occur, it could be foreshadowing a commitment to Kentucky. If that scenario comes to fruition, some feel that it could deter Randle from heading to Lexington given that he may not want to share the spotlight with another potential NBA lottery pick. On the flip side, others feel that adding Wiggins in 2013 could make Kentucky a more attractive destination for Randle since Wildcat head coach John Calipari proved this past year that he can effectively feature two lottery picks on the same team.

Furthermore, the Wiggins' potential reclassification could affect the Kentucky's pursuit of the Andrew and Aaron Harrison, the No. 2 and No. 4 players overall in the class of 2013 per ESPN.com. If Wiggins decides to move up a year and attend Kentucky, the Harrison twins may then opt for Maryland, which would instantly make the Terps a contender to win the ACC.

Regardless of how much validity these hypothetical scenarios hold, Wiggins' decision will definitely be something for college basketball fans to watch in the coming weeks.