After a long wait, Duke basketball has finally released its entire 2012-2013 schedule. For a full version, head over to GoDuke.
Some quick facts before we give you the dates you need to know:
- There are 16 home games on the schedule.
- There are five neutral-site regular season games.
- Duke will not play in Madison Square Garden this year. The last time that happened? In the 2001-2002 season.
- There are 18 ACC games on the docket.
- All 31 games regular season games will be on TV.
- Duke plays Florida State, one of the toughest teams in the ACC, just once. Duke plays Georgia Tech and Clemson—which figure to be two of the easiest teams in the conference, just once as well.
And all the dates that you need to mark down on your calendar.
- Friday, Oct. 19: Coundown to Craziness—Duke's annual season-opening scrimmage and pep really
- Friday, Nov. 9: First regular season game against Georgia State, home at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Neutral site game in Atlanta against the Kentucky Wildcats and John Calipari.
- Thursday Nov. 22: Saturday Nov. 24: Battle 4 Atlantis—Duke will play in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving break, beginning against Minnesota.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28: Ohio State—Duke will host the Buckeyes in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge after Ohio State creamed Duke 85-63 last year on its home court.
- Saturday, Dec. 8: Temple—In another neutral site game, Duke will play at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J. The Blue Devils lost to Temple last year at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
- Saturday, January 5: Wake Forest—Duke begins ACC play at home against the Demon Deacons.
- Wednesday, February 13: North Carolina—Duke will host the first of the two matches against the Tar Heels
- Saturday, March 9: North Carolina—As usual, the two teams will close their regular seasons against each other. This year, the rivalry will finish in the Dean Dome.
- Friday, March 15: ACC Tournament begins.