4th quarter: A Stanford touchdown on a 27-yard fade pass from Nunez to Jamal-Rashad Patterson in the first minute of the final quarter put the Cardinal up by 37 points, ensuring that the final quarter would simply entail waiting for the inevitable.

What had been a frenetic game slowed considerably in the fourth, with Stanford running the ball up the middle frequently and Duke giving up on a comeback. The Blue Devils focused more on putting together solid offensive drives than actually putting up points quickly enough to get back in the game.

Boone led the Blue Devil offense on well-balanced drives of 11 plays and 42 yards and 14 plays and 63 yards in the quarter, but Duke was unable to score as the possessions ended in an interception and a fumble, respectively.

Stanford missed a field goal in their only opportunity to score in the quarter, but it didn't matter as they cruised to a 50-13 victory over the Blue Devils.

3rd quarter: Duke took a gamble to open the quarter, attempting an onside kick down by 20 points. Despite several Blue Devils' claims to the contrary, Stanford recovered the kick and Nunes tossed a beautiful ball to Drew Terrell on a fade route in the corner of the end zone five plays later for his first touchdown pass of the day. After a penalty on the ensuing kickoff return backed Duke up inside its own ten-yard line, Renfree had a third-down pass tipped at the line of scrimmage into the hands of Cardinal safety Jordan Richards. Two plays later, Nunes lofted a high pass that was hauled in by Stanford's behemoth tight end Levine Toilolo to give Stanford a 37-3 advantage.

Renfree finally started to show some rhythm once the Blue Devils got the ball back, completing two passes deep down the field to move Duke into the Stanford red zone for the second time. The Cardinal defense held, though, and the Blue Devils were forced to bring on Ross Martin for his second field goal of the game. The 29-yard make narrowed the Stanford lead to 37-6.

Duke brought out an even more vertical attack after the Blue Devil defense held Stanford to a three-and-out. Renfree completed three consecutive passes for 33 total yards before another deep attempt found the hands of Cardinal free safety Ed Reynolds. Reynolds came across the field and was at full speed when he crossed in front of Renfree's intended receiver and went untouched as he returned the interception 71 yards to the end zone.

Down 43-6, Anthony Boone took over the helm of the Duke offense and was the beneficiary of much more aggressive play calling from the Blue Devil coaching staff. Boone led the Blue Devils 82 yards down the field in eight plays for the first Duke touchdown of the night to bring the score to 43-13 at the close of the quarter.

2nd quarter: The second half started with the Blue Devils allowing the Cardinal to advance down the field into the red-zone for the third time, only on this drive they allowed them into the end-zone as well. Stanford's Stephan Taylor scored the first offensive touchdown of the game on a 13-yard scamper up the middle.

Another three-and-out by Duke on their first possession of the quarter set up a seven play drive for the Cardinal that resulted in a 22-yard field goal. The drive was Stanford's fourth possession of the game that lasted at least seven plays. Duke finished the half with just one possession that lasted that long, tallying six three-and-outs.

Duke got on the board with a 29-yard field goal by Ross Martin on their final possession of the half. Taking over with just 1:15 left on the clock, the Blue Devils drove 39 yards on eight plays before settling for the field goal.

1st quarter: One week after allowing their opponent to score on their second play, the Blue Devils surrendered a score to Stanford before the Cardinal offense even took the field. After Duke went three-and-out on their first possession, Stanford's Drew Terrell fielded Will Monday's punt at his own 34 yard line, cut inside Patrick Kurunwune at the 40, then simply had to outrun Monday to the end-zone as the rest of the Blue Devil punt coverage over-ran the play.

After another three-and-out by the Blue Devils, Stanford put together a 55-yard drive that ended in a 35-yard field goal by Jordan Williamson. The Duke defense worked on limiting big plays after last Saturday's game, but Stanford's first drive included completions of 15 and 35 yards by quarterback Josh Nunes. Nunes then added a 43-yard completion on his team's second drive.

Duke's first first down came on their third possession on a screen pass to Desmond Scott. The Blue Devils then ran screen passes on the next two plays before Renfreee to threw the ball away while rolling out of the pocket on third down. Duke relied heavily on short passes in the quarter—Renfree finished with 12 completions for just 42 yards.

Duke's defense surrrendered 123 yards to the Stanford offense in the first quarter but held both times the Cardinal entered the red-zone, allowing field goals on both drives.