Now that July 4 has come and past, Duke men's basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski will hit the road with Team USA as they begin practicing in preparation for the 2012 London Olympics in August.
Below is a schedule of the team's plans leading up to the games. The Chronicle main page has more insight from our exclusive one-on-one interview with Krzyzewski on how his connection and commitment to Team USA affects the Blue Devils and recruiting.
Highlighing the schedule are five exhibition games, including a final one against Spain who earned the silver medal in the 2008 games.
- July 7-11: Training in Las Vegas, Nev.
- July 12, 6 p.m.: USA vs. Dominican Republic exhibition at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas
- July 13-15: Training in Washington, D.C.
- July 16, 8 p.m.: USA vs. Brazil at the Verizon Center in D.C.
- July 17-18: Training in Manchester, England.
- July 19, 7:10 p.m.: USA vs. Great Britain at Manchester Arena
- July 20-21: Training in Barcelona, Spain.
- July 22, 9:30 p.m.: USA vs. Argentina at Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
- July 23: Training in Barcelona.
- July 24, 10:30 p.m.: USA vs. Spain at Palau Sant Jordi.
- July 25: Training in Barcelona.
- July 27-August 11: Training/games in London, England.