DukeMed debuted a 16-minute montage of Broadway song parodies on YouTube last week.
Nine songs are used in the video. Here are some highlights from the altered lyrics:
- "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables — "Then I was young and unafraid, AMCAs were seen as an adventure, one application was displayed, no field unfilled no role unlisted."
- "Anything You Can Do" from Annie Get Your Gun — "Anything you can score I can score higher, I can score MCATs higher than you."
- "Getting to Know You" from The King and I — "Getting to know Duke, getting to try the great food scene."
"Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music — On cranial nerve sections: "One and two to smell and see, there four six to move your eyes, five and seven for all things face"
"I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story — I am passing, yes I'm passing, and it's crazy how carefree I feel. Pass/fail system, I can hardly believe it's real.
- "Defying Gravity" from Wicked — "I think we'll try applying anatomy."
- "Circle of Life" from The Lion King — "There are far too many diseases and reflexes have yet to be found."
- "Seasons of Love" from Rent — "How do you measure, measure third year?"
- "You're the One That I Want" from Grease — "I had a dream my life would be just the same as this life I'm living."