We all do it. Some of us engage in it more openly than others—in the middle of our 10-person seminar classes or atop the tables while we eat lunch with our friends—but ultimately we are all using technology to stay in touch with the world around us.

As millennials, we can’t help it—we were raised on the Internet and weaned onto smart phones. There is information around us at all times, and we are doing our best to stay current on all of it—from reading the updates on the relationship status of our best friend, to checking the blogosphere’s reaction to Olivia Pope’s killer white coats, to staying up-to-date on the most pressing political issues on a local, national and state level. Everyone is trying to stay informed, and finding information quickly has never been easier.

News is all around us, but, because of this, it has become increasingly important that we be aware of where we are getting our information from, and understanding how it impacts us. This is perhaps most evident for Duke students when it comes to campus affairs—and that is where we can assist you.

Let The Chronicle keep you informed on issues that are most relevant to your as a Duke student—it is what we do best. At its heart, journalism is a watchdog for authority, for news and for change. The Chronicle does all of these things for the Duke community and beyond. We are, and will always be, committed providing thorough and accurate reporting, investigating untold stories and holding our university accountable to its community.

But there have been many changes in journalism in recent years, and The Chronicle is certainly not immune to a shifting understanding of how to provide news. The days of physical, print newspapers being the sole destination for the news-hungry and well informed have long been replaced by the 24-hour news cycle of television and the Internet. Breaking news is disseminated on Facebook and Twitter faster than ever would have been thought possible on a printing press. And, at least among college-aged consumers, Buzzfeed lists are often much more appealing than investigative long-form from the New York Times.

Despite all of these shifts in media, the goal always remains the same: get the news to the news consumers. So, The Chronicle—like every other media organization—has had to ask ourselves a lot of questions in recent years about how we can give our readers the news they need in the form that they can best receive it.

We don’t think we have found the perfect answer year—the rate at which technology and media change mean that no one-size-fits-all solution is likely to fit for long—but we are actively trying to get our news to you the way that you want it. We are bringing our news to you through our social media and blog accounts. We are providing the most relevant videos and audio clips for our online stories. We are trying new things to enhance the reading experience for our website.

Because, although we at The Chronicle may still love the smell of hot-off-the-press ink in the morning, it has nothing on the allure of the bing notification of a notification from a twitter follower.

And for all of the print enthusiasts out there, fear not, we aren’t forgetting to continue our efforts to provide the best physical product possible for each of our four days of print weekly.

We want you to be a part of this process with us. Write letters to the editors or guest columns. Follow us on Twitter @DukeChronicle, @ChronicleSports, @DukeBasketball,@DukeShutter and @ChronicleRecess—to stay up to date with breaking news and story developments. Make qduke.com your homepage, and be our fan on Facebook. Share your thoughts, ideas and input so we can continue covering the most relevant and interesting news.

While it might be easy to get swept up in the excitement of new innovations and digital opportunities, these enhancements serve only to further The Chronicle’s goal of good journalism, never overshadow it. We will never stop prioritizing our role as the watchdog of Duke University.

Let us know when you like our coverage, and—perhaps even more importantly—let us know when you don’t. We work hard every single day to serve the Duke community, and your feedback is an incredibly valuable resource.

Want to know an even better way to be engaged with campus issues? Come join us.

The Chronicle has something that can appeal to all different interests. Within the pages of Recess, our arts and culture section, there is everything from reviews of Orange is the New Black to analyses how the American Dance Festival is impacting the city of Durham. Our sports reporters interact with Duke’s athletic teams in a way that most Cameron Crazies could only dream of. Our magazine, Towerview, provides a space for in-depth, long form coverage of issues that range from the strategic improvement of the football team to a reporter’s first hand experience on Duke’s newest campus in China. The opinion section provides a snapshot of the many different voices that give Duke its amazing sense of diversity.

And, I cant forget about the news section—filled with stories that are critical to the understanding of this university. From updates on the nearly 50 construction projects around campus, to an analysis on the new Duke initiative to increase the rate of donations from female alumnae—the news section will always strive to provide the most objective and relevant news to the Duke community. And the opportunities at The Chronicle don’t end there: we have programmers that run our website, bloggers and social media editors to stay on top of the latest trends in news distribution, photographers to serve as the eyes of The Chronicle and a layout team that keeps our pages looking their best.

So, come, be a part of our team. If you have an interest, we have a place for you here. It is an amazing time to be a part of the great changes that we are seeing over here in 301 Flowers.

Carleigh Stiehm is the editor-in-chief of The Chronicle v. 110.